Halloween is nearly upon us, so make sure you’re prepared to impress your loved ones with spooky cider cocktails that you can easily concoct. Who knew Halloween could get any better!
The Corpse Reviver
Makes two cider cocktails
- 1 bottle of Craft Cider
- 3 oz of Apple infused bourbon
- Sparkling water
- Lemon and apple wedges
Mix the cider and apple bourbon together, add two squeezes of lemon and a large splash of sparkling water. Pour into two glasses and garnish with apple and lemon.
Bloody Good AppleTini
A drink the count himself would be proud of! A great twist on a classic means this spooky cider cocktail is sure to impress your guests with its bloody rim.
To create the bloody rim:
Simmer equal parts of grenadine and sugar until a syrupy consistency is reached.
Dip the rims of your glasses in the red syrup and turning each glass over quickly, letting the blood drip down.
For the Drink
1 ⅓ oz of vodka or gin
⅔ oz of craft cider
Red food colouring
Combine and mix with ice and enjoy these hauntingly good cider cocktails.
Apple-pumpkin Cider Fizz
Halloween wouldn’t be the same without pumpkins and this cider cocktail makes sure you won’t miss out on your pumpkin hit.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 oz. pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 1 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 2 oz. craft cider
- 1 1/2 oz. ginger beer
Combine in a shaker with ice all the ingredients apart from the ginger beer. Shake and strain into a glass with ice. Top with the drink with the ginger beer, and enjoy!
SINISTER CIDER MARTINI
This sinister cider cocktail martini is the perfect addition to any Halloween gets together!
Fine black sanding sugar
2 ounces of Vodka
Wet the rim of the glass and dip the glass into the black sanding sugar.
Muddle together apple cubes and lime wedges, add the syrup, cider, vodka and ice.
Shake until well combined.
Strain into a martini glass and top with soda water.
Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail
Forget traditional caramel apples this Halloween and replace with this delightful cider cocktail.
- 2 oz. Caramel Flavored Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz cider
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- Caramel sauce for rimming
- Apple slices for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well. Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish rim with a bead of caramel sauce on the inside top edge
Shrunken heads in spiced cider punch
This spiced cider punch just got a Halloween makeover with shrunken heads, the perfect Halloween addition. Great served warm or cold!
For the shrunken heads:
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 Granny Smith apples
For the spiced cider:
- 4 litres of cider
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 orange, quartered
- freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of fine sea salt
- whole cloves (2 per shrunken head)
- spiced rum, optional
Make the shrunken heads:
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a baking tray with parchment. Combine lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Set out a fat wad of paper towels.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; use a melon baller to remove the seeds and the core. Using a sharp paring knife and differently sized melon ballers, carve faces into the rounded sides of the apples. Dip each face in the lemon/salt mixture and set it on the paper towels while you carve the next face. Transfer the face on the paper towels to the lined baking tray and repeat with remaining apple faces until all of your apple faces are finished.
- Put into the oven for approx 2 hours
Making the spiced cider:
- Combine all of the cider ingredients in a pot over medium heat (use freshly grated nutmeg to taste). Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to the lowest heat. Allow simmering very gently for 30 minutes. Strain.
- Hold the cider over very low heat to keep warm until apples are finished.