ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
This is a selection of the finest cider that the county of Somerset has to offer. Made available exclusively for the South West Cider week. Each cider has been specifically selected for its complexity and character and balance.
Somerset has long been known as the home of cider and these products will show you exactly why the ciders produced in this county are held in such high regard across the globe.
Included in this Somerset cider box:
1. Serendipity - Crafty Nectars latest collaboration with multi award winning Stones Cider. It is a beautifully fruity keeved cider, produce with apples from the orchards of Glastonbury Abbey.
2. Rakefire - Ganley and Naish - The last pressing of the 2016 harvest, on a mild foggy day, this blend of Yarlington Mill and Ashton Brown Jersey came from the Old Coates Cider Orchard in Abbots Leigh. The fermentation continued for a full 12 months before maturing and bottling in early spring.
3. Wilding Cider -Dicheat Hill 2018 - This is full bodied and complex, a voluptuous and well balanced expression of Somerset cider and a reflection of what Wilding Cider think is extraordinary terroir.
4. Pilton Tamoshanta - A fruity keeved cider, fermented in oak barrels. Keeving and initial fermentation takes place in large vats but on Burns Night the young cider is transferred to Scotch whisky barrels to finish and mature. Medium sweet with smokey vanilla tannin, Tamoshanta is great served chilled, with Somerset Cheddar.
5. The Newt - Rose Cyder - This limited release first vintage Fine Rosé Cyder is made purely from Red Love apples, whose juice runs deep crimson under our press at The Newt in the heart of Somerset, giving this fine cyder its intense colour. Cold-fermented in our state-of-the-art cellar, the resulting cyder is a fusion of strawberry with a hint of autumn fruits, delivered with a delicate balance of acidity and residual sweetness that’s perfect for cleansing the palate.
6. TOP SECRET - New Release from Barley Wood Cider.